Just Neighbors offers unpaid internships on a rolling basis throughout the year for undergraduate and master’s-level students. Interns must commit to a minimum of two days or three half-days per week for the semester or year. Spanish language skills are preferred but not required. In the past, Just Neighbors has hosted interns from the following fields: political science, paralegal studies, criminal justice, Spanish, nonprofit management, peace and justice studies, women’s studies, international studies, religion/theology, communications, social work, sociology, and more.
Undergraduate/graduate interns take on these responsibilities:
- Conduct initial screening of potential clients (intakes) by phone
- Assist clients and staff in preparing documents for immigration applications
- Notify clients about upcoming appointments with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Assist staff with case files and database upkeep
- Answer phones in Spanish and English
- Assist with basic office administration
- Assist with grant research and development
- Assist with oral and written translation, if applicable
- Assist with social media and outreach
Internship applications must include a cover letter and resume.
To apply for this volunteer opportunity, please fill in the form on the Volunteer Questionnaire page.